Built in 1908 to house the U.S. National Bank, this rectangular, flat-roofed, two story has a flat parapet with a projecting wooden cornice. Second floor windows are Chicago style wood frame with fixed central panels and one over one double-hung sash on either side.
This building, known as Union Block, was constructed in 1890 for $18,000. The building is listed as being constructed by the McMinnville Building and Improvement Company. Ed Hendricks, Elsia Wright, and Frank Fenton were among the twelve investors in the company.
This 1893 Queen Anne-style commercial building is characterized by scallops, sun patterns, and intricate brickwork in the frieze. A central pediment reads E. Wright, 1893 and gives credit to the original owner.
* This publication has been funded with the assistance of a matching grant-in-aid from the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the National Park Service. Regulations of the U.S. Department of the Interior strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age or handicap. Any person who believes he or she has been discriminated against in any program, activity, or facility operated by a recipient of Federal assistance should write to: Office of Equal Opportunity, National Park Service, 1849 C Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20240.