About admin

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far admin has created 58 blog entries.

O’Dell Building

This two-story, stucco-covered square brick building was constructed ca.1904. The entire southwest portion of the ground floor was cut away in the 1920s to accommodate automobiles and gasoline pumps.

By |2022-05-03T09:31:58-07:00September 14, 2021|Buildings|Comments Off on O’Dell Building

Eggleston Block

The Eggleston Block was designed by architect O. S. Combs; A. F. Arthur was the general contractor. This building replaced a wooden structure, the Commercial Hotel, which was destroyed by a fire. The building was originally constructed in 1928 to house Hotel Bays. It is a rectangular two-story stuccoed concrete building with a low pediment in the middle and at the corner of the parapet on both facades.

By |2022-05-03T09:31:58-07:00September 14, 2021|Buildings|Comments Off on Eggleston Block

Henderschott House

This two-story wood frame gable roof house was originally a symmetrical T-shaped plan. The property has since been substantially altered on all elevations.

By |2022-05-03T09:31:58-07:00September 14, 2021|Buildings|Comments Off on Henderschott House

Southern Pacific Rail Depot

In July of 1879 the Western Oregon Railroad provided McMinnville with its first rail connection and stimulated development of the town. This craftsman-style depot was constructed in 1912 with the arrival of the electric interurban rail service between Eugene and Portland.

By |2022-05-03T09:31:59-07:00September 14, 2021|Buildings|Comments Off on Southern Pacific Rail Depot

Old City Power Plant

This rectangular brick one and one-half story building has a flat roof with a plain concrete cornice at the rooftop. It was constructed in 1926 and its brick pattern is common bond. One of the most defining features of this building is the one and one-half story high windows on all sides with 15 to 25 lights per window.

By |2022-05-03T09:31:59-07:00September 14, 2021|Buildings|Comments Off on Old City Power Plant

218-236 NE Third

These are five small one-story commercial buildings that share common walls. All but four have ben stuccoed. The 1912 Sanborn map shows all five buildings, but the two easternmost were constructed of wood; by 1928 all appear the same on the Sanborn map.

By |2022-05-03T09:31:59-07:00September 14, 2021|Buildings|Comments Off on 218-236 NE Third

Houck’s Flouring Mill

The original structure is five and one-half stories, constructed of wood beams with wood flooring and siding, which has been covered over with corrugated metal. A later building addition was made on the east end of the original building.

By |2022-05-03T09:31:59-07:00September 14, 2021|Buildings|Comments Off on Houck’s Flouring Mill

225 NE Third

This one-story structure has a flat cornice and a panel of diamond shapes in raised brick, which top the stuccoed transoms. This building was built in 1918 for William Smith of Smith-Courtemanche.

By |2022-05-03T09:31:59-07:00September 14, 2021|Buildings|Comments Off on 225 NE Third

310-320 NE Third

This one-story brick-faced structure contains four retail establishments, each with a separate recessed entry. Four inset panels decorated with raised cut brickwork in diamond shapes top the storefronts.

By |2022-05-03T09:31:59-07:00September 14, 2021|Buildings|Comments Off on 310-320 NE Third

Knights of Pythias Building

This rectangular two-story stuccoed brick structure is Italianate in style. The decorative cut brick frieze is still intact. A short parapet wall rising from the cornice line conceals the roof. Stucco covers the façade but the brick is still exposed on the west elevation.

By |2022-05-03T09:31:59-07:00September 14, 2021|Buildings|Comments Off on Knights of Pythias Building
Go to Top